- There are three ways to defend yourself: armor and reflex, mental, and physical.
- your class determines your starting scores (toughness, muscle, quickness, brains, smarts, and awesomeness), but gives you points that you can spend to increase any of them. On a simmilar note, all scores are useful, even increasing them by a minuscule amount helps (more on that later).
- Combat has a sliding scale of complexity, allowing interacate sword duels and large-scale abstract warfare using the same abilities and powers.
- Characters take around half an hour to create from scratch, an hour for someone who wants to truely customize. However, a pre-made iconic character is included, so someone might just want to start with that. Also, the iconic is easily changed, allowing quick customization.
- classes give you two things: features and trees. Right now you're probably saying "lolwut?," but by trees I mean skill trees like in video games. In fact, the game revolves around trees for improvement and gain. Classes gain a bunch of features at first level, and gain another feature at levels 10, 20, and 30, known as "capstone features," but trees improve and expand those features. For example, the warrior might get a feature called combat manuvers, and with it gain a few manuvers. His tree will allow him to gain new manuvers and improve existing ones. The wizard might gain something similar with spells.
- well, that's enough for now. I'll be writing more very soon.
So, after nearly two years of brainstorming, writing, and being lazy and not posting anything, I'm proud to announce that we might actualy work on some actual mechanics. Let me start spewing ideas in a list, and then I'll think up some primitive mechanics
There were three pictures that were all the same, featuring a hipster striding under some yellow trees. this picture was on the home, updates, and the lands pages. these pictures came from nowhere when we got the better theme, and only now have we managed to put the new logo on due to technical difficulties.
Grag and co.
This is the updates page for me - Grag- and the rest of the Holydoom makers. I am a Vazalon ballerina. Why are you laughing? On Vazalon Isle that is a serious form of art.
Old, rusty stuff